Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fireworks!

Earlier this evening as I was just hanging around reading Pushkin (just trying to sound smarter than I am - in reality, I was just playing Assassin's Creed on my flatmate's Xbox 360), I heard some loud noises. At first I thought my neighbor was using a hammer on the wall, but as the noises persisted and became louder and more frequent, I got up to investigate.

"What's wrong with my building?", I thought as the ground under my feet shook slightly. A flash of light made me look out of my kitchen window. They were having a pyrotechnic display in Trafalgar Square! So I ran, grabbed my camera, and snatched a few pictures before they stopped.

At the time I had no idea what they were celebrating, but a quick Internet search revealed a Simcha on the Square celebration. Incidentally, Simcha simply means "happiness" or "celebration" in Herbrew (again trying to sound smarter than I am - this knowledge comes courtesy of Wikipedia).

Click here to check out my pictures from the fireworks display of 14 Sept 2008.

No comments: